Google Cloud Next London 2018: Security, spotlights and socks
Did you know that the GCP Essentials quest shows you how to spin up a VM, configure key infrastructure tools, set up Load Balancers and work with Kubernetes nodes, all in less than four hours? Use this link to enroll in the quest by Monday, October 22nd and you’ll get 10 Qwiklabs credits (free of charge, no credit card required) to help you get started.
Then continue your cloud journey in person! Check out these events:
OnAir: Register for a live 45-minute webinar with Google Cloud experts to prepare for an AI-first future. Join Diane Greene Google Cloud CEO, and the team for an interactive look at artificial intelligence by unlocking the benefits of machine learning.
DevFest: Another opportunity to meet with your community! DevFest is powered by a belief that when developers come together to exchange ideas, amazing things can happen. Each event is uniquely tailored to the needs of a hosted-region, and while your local event may or may not incorporate labs, we hope you can make it!
Next Extended: Not just in San Francisco – Next Extended events bring GCP to your town. Event starts off with food, networking and keynotes and transition to an open panel discussion. Attend a Next Extended event near you and be sure to join the hands-on labs session!
Summits: You can choose from over 20 sessions on machine learning, app development, infrastructure, security, etc. Work with executives, customers, partners, developers, IT decision makers and Google engineers to build the future of the cloud. Choose your city and see where the cloud takes you.
Google Cloud OnBoard: It’s a free, instructor-led training event, that introduces you to GCP. You’ll learn how to get started with virtual machines, containers, applications, big data, and machine learning through presentations and demonstrations. Attendees get a free 30-day pass to Qwiklabs to help you finish the GCP Essentials quest.
Study jams: We learn better together! Study jams are an opportunity to meet with the community of technology enthusiasts to brainstorm and dig deep into cloud concepts as a group. It’s a hands-on event where attendees get free access to the labs ($55+ value). You’ll learn fundamental GCP tools and technologies like Kubernetes, Stackdriver, and cloud storage with the GCP Essentials quest. Earn a Google-hosted badge to show your “flight time” with Google Cloud and encourage other members of your community to do the same.
Enroll in the GCP Essentials quest and come to an event near you. We look forward to meeting you!
Become a data scientist without a PhD Women's Asics Running Shoes Sneakers Women's Gel Sneakers Cumulus 14 Blue Shoes Silver Size 11 T296N 819361e
London lab-takers, you were awesome last week! Between admiring Lei-Mei’s socks, attending spotlight lab sessions, and binge-reading Data Science on the Google Cloud Platform, the big story was security. ‘Security built into every layer of the system’ stated Diane Greene, Google Cloud chief executive, emphasizing Google’s commitment to GCP’s reliability and integrity.
There’s lots of talk about Google Cloud’s security capabilities, but why not try it out for yourself? Get hands-on experience with GCP’s powerful security features with cloud security training labs. Complete all 8 labs and you will earn the Google Cloud Security & Identity badge to show your experience.
And today, help us test a new feature and get 45 free Qwiklabs credits for your time. Use this link to enroll in the quest and enter code 1423 into this field:
You should see 45 credits added to your account free of charge. If you do not see the credits right away, you may need to log out and log back in.
Here are some of the skills you will learn:
Women's Asics Running Shoes Sneakers Women's Gel Sneakers Cumulus 14 Blue Shoes Silver Size 11 T296N 819361e
- Familiarize yourself with Cloud Security Scanner, a tool that identifies security vulnerabilities in your Google App Engine web applications.
- Learn how Key Management Service can help you secure access to your files in the cloud. Work with advanced features of Google Cloud Security and Privacy APIs, including setting up a secure Cloud Storage bucket, managing keys and encrypted data using Key Management Storage, and viewing Cloud Storage audit logs.
- In a private cluster, nodes do not have public IP addresses. This means your workloads run in an environment that is isolated from the Internet. Try it for yourself with the lab Setting up a Private Kubernetes Cluster.
Good luck! And remember, if it’s on the network, assume it’s a risk…but don’t worry, Google Cloud’s security tools can handle it.
Learn the fundamentals of Security & Identity on GCP
The business value of AI is projected to reach $1.2 trillion this year according to Gartner. Yet 40% of enterprise companies are not adopting AI. Why not?
3 simple reasons:
- Data Scientists are hard to find and hire. Want to become one? There’s a lab for that. Enroll in the Data Science on GCP quest by Friday, October 12th and you’ll get 40 credits (free of charge, no CC required). The labs in this quest are derived from the book Data Science on Google Cloud Platform.
- Data analysts with SQL skills (and other programming languages) are also rare. Get practice running SQL queries in the BigQuery console in the Introduction to SQL for BigQuery and Cloud SQL lab. Then experiment with SQL and ML in the Ingest data into the Cloud Using Google App Engine lab. You’ll run Python scripts to download, automatically fetch, and clean data using Google App Engine. You’ll also create a new application and deploy it to the Google App Engine:
Women's Mizuno Wave Rider 9 Athletic Running Shoes White Navy Blue Size 7 US , Asics Gel Cumulus 18 Blue Orange Running Training Athletic Shoes Womens 11M , Brand New Balance Women Classics 515, WL515PFA Grey/White Running Training SZ 10 , Reebok YourFlex Trainette 8.0 L MT Training Sneaker - Women's Size 8.5 - Gray , KEEN Women's Versatrail Low Hiking Shoes Gargoyle/Zinfandel Size 9.5M
Vibram Fivefingers KSO Womens Size 43 Black Grey Barefoot Shoes Water Running , Women's Slazenger Tennis Shoes Purple and Black Size 5 Great Condition
Skechers Womens 14148W Black Walking Shoes Size 8 (826) , MBT Womens SPORT 03 Leather Mesh Walking Fitness Shoes IMMACULATE/MINT! W/1 flaw
$160 NEW Superga 2752 Caravaggio Taupe Leather Sneakers 39.5 / 8.5 Women , WOMENS SAUCONY PROGRID GUIDE 3 GRAY WHITE BLUE RUNNING SHOES SIZE 5M G494Converse All Stars Gray Plaid Sneakers Size 6New Balance 669 Womens Walking Shoes, Gray Size:( 6.5 B, M) AthleticWomens Montrail Comfortable Athletic Shoes Size 8
Asics Gel Frantic 6 T1E5N Black Pink Berry Athletic Sneakers Running Shoes Sz 8 , Women's Nike Blazer High Size 9.5 317808-001 perl/matalic silver Size 10Women Asics Gel GT 2000 Running Cross Training shoes size 7.5 T2K7MWOMENS EASTLAND BROWN LEATHER WELLESLEY ANKLE CHUKKA BOOT SHOES SIZE 8 1/2 MNike Dual Fusion Run 3 653594-600 Size 9.5 Pink/Blue Sneakers Shoes For Women
VINTAGE 2006 WOMEN'S ECKO PHRANZ 26163WGD WHITE/GOLD , Womens Saucony Cohesion 10 Gray Trainers Size 11M (X802) , Montrail Women's Badwater Hybrid Trail Running shoe, size US 6 Eu 37.5, GL2137
Danskin Now White Joanie Sneaker Blue Accent 7.5W , Hot Sale Womens Shoes Breathable Mesh Sneakers Wedge Hidden Sport Sandals Casual
NEW Sanuk Palmtasitc Women's -11- Berry Pink Slip On Shoes Beach Summer Surf , Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Grey Low Women 9 , ASICS Womens T696n.4393 Blue Running Shoes Size 8 (4922) , Converse chuck Taylor ALL STAR black suede hi top sneakers Women’s Size 6 , Merrell Women's Chameleon Shift Traveler Hiking Shoe Olive Size 7M ,
Then use a Flask framework to ingest data and invoke it using cron:3. Infrastructure AI is resource-intensive, in terms of both staff, and compute power. Many on-prem setups simply cannot handle the demands of AI. You can learn to take advantage of Google Cloud’s compute power to run your advanced AI jobs. The Google Cloud Dataflow to process data lab shows you how to configure BigQuery and install Python packages to use Apache Beam:
Then you will monitor the progress of your Cloud Dataflow job and inspect the processed data:
Need more practice with the GCP infrastructure? Visualize data with Google Data Studio by running the query to get the IP address to connect to the Cloud SQL:
Then create table views to look at flights that are delayed by 10, 15, 20 minutes:
After connecting with the Data Studio, you’ll create a data visualization for flight delays:
Tackle the quest to practice ingestion, preparation, processing, querying, exploring and visualizing of data sets using GCP. When you earn the badge, let us know. You can find us at @Qwiklabs – and we’re always happy to hear about your accomplishments!
Wherefore art thou, Machine Learning training?
Ever wondered why there were 944 cyber attacks in 2017 and 658 cyber attacks in 2018? Here are some facts:
Fortunately, there’s a way for you to take advantage of Google Cloud’s powerful security tools. Enroll in the Security & Identity Fundamentals quest by Friday, October 12th and you’ll get a 1 month pass to Qwiklabs (free of charge, no CC required). Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Service Accounts and Roles: Fundamentals: No prior knowledge with service accounts? No problem! Start with the Cloud IAM lab first to manage permissions by granting users roles. Need further help? Watch Heather and Jimmy.
Then create and manage service accounts by running queries on a BigQuery public dataset from a GCE instance.
2. Data Loss Prevention API: Practice with an intelligent data service, Google Cloud Dataprep, to visually explore, clean and prepare data for analysis.
After getting practice with the lab, learn how Area 1, anti-phishing solution, provides security by building its service on GCP and using GCP tools to analyze data.
3. Getting started with Cloud KMS: Practice with advanced features of Google Cloud Security and Privacy APIs. With this lab you will set up a secure Cloud Storage bucket and manage keys and encrypted data using KMS. You’ll even use the Enron Corpus!
Do you have Columbus day off? You could use the extra time to earn this badge and strengthen your resume by learning the fundamentals of Security and Identity…
Google Cloud training updates
How do you learn something new? Do you read a book, watch a video, take a course? Maybe the right answer is poetry.
When you’re learning to use data science tools you need, well, big data to practice. And that’s where Shakespeare comes in. Billy S. wrote 37 plays, 154 sonnets and invented 1700 words (like eyeball, bedazzled, and arch-villain). His works are publicly available and perfect for data manipulation. With the help of Shakespeare, learn how data science tools like BigQuery and TensorFlow can help you take advantage of powerful Google Cloud machine learning technology. And for a limited time, use the links below and get 37 free Qwiklabs credits (as many credits as plays) to take the bard’s favorite labs.
– BigQuery: Qwik Start – Command Line: Storing and querying massive datasets can be expensive. Learn how Google Cloud can help you save, after all, “if money go before, all ways do lie open” (The Merry Wives of Windsor). Learn how to move your data into BigQuery and take advantage of the processing power of Google’s infrastructure.
– Big Data Analysis to Slide Presentation: Did you know that Shakespeare invented the word “manager”? Impress yours by learning how to gather and crunch your data, then generate a slide and spreadsheet presentation to blow away management and stakeholders with your breathtaking analytical capabilities and intelligent conclusions.
– Run a Big Data Text Processing Pipeline in Cloud Dataflow: Learn how to run a Dataflow pipeline that counts the occurrences of unique words in a text file. Not only will you learn how many times the word “alas” appears in King Lear, you’ll learn to use a powerful tool for developing and executing a wide range of data processing patterns including ETL, batch computation, and continuous computation.
– TensorFlow For Poets: Finally, while we don’t know if a rose by any other name smells as sweet, we can use TensorFlow to identify a rose among a floral lineup. Think about what else you could use this technology for – scanning for free parking spaces? Locating your company’s discarded scooters?
New Quest: IoT in the Google Cloud NEW Womens SODA OBJECT Black Slip On Loafers PADDED Footbed Shoe SZ 6I35 Elsah2 Open-Toe Ballet Flats 188, Black, 6.5 US , Eastland Women's Morgan Loafer, Black, 6.5 Medium US , White Mountain Tan Leather Woven Studded Slip On Wedge Clogs Women's Size 10WRebecca Minkoff Sonia Slip-On Sneaker In Black Size 9IMNYC Isaac Mizrahi Womens Kimberly Pink Loafers Shoes 6 Medium (B,M) BHFO 9270 , SALE LADIES SPOT ON DOLLY/BALLERINA SHOES F8754 COMES IN LEOPARD AND BLACK , Nice Women's Brown Cute Flats Sandals Shoes Lands End, In Excellent Condition!women brown ecco shoes size 36 worn only for special occationsCole Haan Orange Croc print Loafer Slide Moc Toe Driving D16784 Women Size 9 BJambu Floral Navy Blue Mule Womens Sz 6 Retail $150 , Thom Mcan Women's Size 8 1/2 W Wide Brown Leather Loafers Comfort Slip on ShoesZARA BEJEWELED SATIN PINK SNEAKERS SHOES SZ 37/7Women Leather Pointy Toe Rivet Buckle Strap Slingbacks Flats Shoes Sandals BE32New Balance 925 Walking Shoes, #WW925WT, White, Leather, Women's US 7 WideWomen Sports Shoes Outdoor Sneakers Running Casual Athletic Walking Breath US13Crocs Women's Neria Pro Clog W Mule, Black, 8 M USNew Retro Women's Embroidered Bird Floral Round Toe Flat Heel Casual Suede ShoesCole Haan Heidy Pointy Toe Flat, Black Leather, Womens Size 7 MNike Women's Air Max Running Shoes Size US 9 White Gray Pink Flash 487679-160$251 SKECHERS Women BLACK BOBS PLUSH MEMORY FOAM SLIP ON SNEAKERS SHOES WIDE 7 , New Sperry STS82438 Oasis Canal Graphite Women's Boat Shoes 7.5 US , Chaco J106572: Z2 Classic Brocade Pine Atheletic SandalVionic Kona Orthotic Athletic Gray/Green Sneaker Shoes Women's Sz 8 NEW , Skechers Go Step - Sway Athletic Women's Shoes , Reebok Womens Royal Alperez Dash Sneakers Caribbean Teal White Size 6.5 NewWomen's Sam Edelman Leya Shoes Blue Suede Faux Fur Casual Sneakers Size 9 M NEWEUC J Crew New Balance 696 Womens $85 Sneakers 9.5 M ClassicsSkechers Sport Women's Studio Comfort Sneaker , NEW Puma Basket Suede Platform Pink Melon Creepers Pink Gold Women's SIZE 6.5 ,
Fun fact: GCP services can make your life easier! Got problems to solve? GCP can help you with data analytics, machine learning, networking, computing and storage, and more.
The cloud is a big place. Get started qwikly (and economically) with hands-on training. Take any of the labs below by October 3rd, and you’ll get 25 Qwiklabs credits (free of charge, no CC required)!
1: Watch Priyanka as she shows you how to use labs for hands-on Practice with Google Cloud. She introduces you to the GCP environment, quests and lab manuals.
2: Take A Tour of Qwiklabs and the Google Cloud Platform lab to get familiar with GCP, the console and Qwiklabs lab environment. Here’s how to start a lab:
The tour walks you through every step of taking a lab. You explore tools you will use when you take labs, like the Cloud APIs & Services Library:
We’ll test your knowledge throughout the lab with milestones to help you understand key concepts:
Plus you’ll see activity tacking on the right hand side of each lab. Every milestone you reach in the lab earns you points. Get 20/20 to score 100% on the lab!
3. You’ll notice many labs teach you how to solve advanced use cases with APIs (like the Machine Learning APIs quest). Set yourself up for success with the APIs Explorer: Qwik Start lab to learn the basics. And of course, you can use a photo of a good dog!
4. SQL is another skill you’ll exercise in many labs. Don’t have much SQL experience? No problem. Start with the Introduction to SQL for BigQuery and Cloud SQL lab, and you’ll learn how to run SQL queries in the BigQuery console on a public dataset. This lab helps you understand the basics of running SQL queries in the Google Cloud.
For example, you’ll run this query:
…to see users in this example_table:
5. Have favorite labs? them and they’ll be saved to your Learning page so that you can pick up where you left off:
Why wait? Take any of the labs and you’ll get 25 Qwiklabs credits (free of charge, no CC required). Set yourself up for success by taking the tour, and you’ll be prepared to take on your next challenge, like exploring TensorFlow and Cloud Datalab:
Have you heard of IIoT, Industrial Internet of Things? Enterprise companies are discovering and experimenting with IoT in industries from manufacturing to energy to automobiles. As companies recognize more consumer and industrial uses for IoT, demand for IoT expertise is rising.
Set yourself apart by earning the new Google Cloud IoT badge. Click the link below to enroll by Friday, October 12, and you will get a free 30-day pass to the entire Qwiklabs lab catalog, including the new IoT labs. Think you can earn the badge in 30 days?
You get 8 labs to help you learn about Google Cloud’s IoT Core service and its integration with other services like GCS, Dataprep, Stackdriver and Firestore. Use simulator code to mimic IoT devices, then use what you learn to implement the same streaming pipeline with real world IoT devices. Here’s some of what you will do:
Complete all 8 labs and add the IoT on Google Cloud badge to your resume. Good luck!
Women's Asics Running Shoes Sneakers Women's Gel Sneakers Cumulus 14 Blue Shoes Silver Size 11 T296N 819361e - foroexcel.com
De-mystifying the cloud: Free cloud infrastructure training
How they use Machine Learning to train self-driving cars
Want to make your life easier by moving from on-prem to the cloud, but don’t know where to start? There’s a Quest for that. The Baseline: Infrastructure Quest gives you hands-on practice with GCP’s core infrastructure services like Cloud IAM, Kubernetes, and Stackdriver. Enroll in the Quest by Monday, September 24th you’ll get a 1-month pass (free of charge, no CC required) to earn the badge and show your “flight time” with Google Cloud.
Even better, each lab in the Quest has 1-minute videos to walk you through key concepts for each lab. Here are some of the labs in the Quest:
- Cloud Storage: Qwik Start – Console: Use the Google Cloud Platform Console to create a storage bucket, upload objects, create folders & subfolders, and then make those objects publicly accessible.
When you’ve created a bucket & uploaded an object into the bucket, you can check your progress:
Ensure that you’ve understood each concept by answering multiple choice questions:
Women's Asics Running Shoes Sneakers Women's Gel Sneakers Cumulus 14 Blue Shoes Silver Size 11 T296N 819361e
How did you do? Share your results @Qwiklabs. Need extra help? Watch Jenny as she walks you through this lab.
- Cloud IAM: Qwik Start: Cloud IAM unifies access control for GCP services into a single system and presents a consistent set of operations. Learn to create and manage permissions with this lab. You’ll assign and remove roles associated with Identity and Access Management (IAM).
When you’ve removed project viewer access for a user with IAM, you should see a similar permission error:
If not, let Jenny come to your rescue in this video!
- Kubernetes Engine: Qwik Start: After you’ve created a cluster, you’ll execute kubectl run command to create a new Deployment, hello-server, using the hello-app container image. Before you can inspect the hello-server service, you’ll need to expose your application to external traffic:
If you’re unable to view the application from your web browser using the external IP address with the exposed port, let Jenny help you!
- Deployment Manager: Qwik Start: Since Deployment Manager is an infrastructure deployment service that automates the creation and management of GCP resources, you can write configuration files for Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, Cloud SQL, etc.
In this lab, you’ll write a file to create & deploy configuration, inspect the running environment and view the deployment manifest. While waiting to deploy your configuration, you’ll see a status message:
Don’t see it? Jenny can help you with this lab too!
Why wait? Enroll now before 2020 hits, and your server closet in the back room is still humming (:
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it….
Interested in self-driving cars? Learn the technology behind the magic – then sit back, relax, and let the car do it for you.
- How do autonomous cars recognize speed limit signs? “See” for yourself with the Detect Labels, Faces, and Landmarks in Images with the Cloud Vision API lab (bonus, follow that link and get the lab free of charge). You’ll build a model that recognizes landmarks and items in photos with a simple REST API.
- Then, how do cars know the speed limit? The Extract, Analyze, and Translate Text from Images with the Cloud ML APIs lab shows you how to translate signs – not just read them – which means machine learning can improve your commute no matter what side of the road you drive on.
- Some cars know what’s around you – trucks, cars, motorcycles, even reindeer. Learn how to use Google’s Machine Learning tools to Classify Images of Clouds in the Cloud with AutoML Vision.
- Even when conditions aren’t perfect, cars can predict what’s next. Start making predictions with the Cloud ML Engine: Qwik Start lab.
With these labs, you’re well on your way to your next badge, Machine Learning APIs. Enroll here, and you’ll get 55 Qwiklabs credits to start your next Quest (limited offer, ends Friday, Sept. 21).
Good luck, buckle up!
There are 8000+ Cloud Architect jobs on LinkedIn and they can make up to $170k+ per year. High salary means high expectations. When you earn your Cloud Architect certification, you are tested on your ability to solve real-world problems. Prepare for the Cloud Architect certification exam and set yourself apart.
Need help practicing for the exam and testing your skills in a simulated crisis? Qwiklabs can help! Tackle the Challenge: GCP Architecture Quest to put your skills to the test. Instead of following “cookbook” steps, you’ll practice with common business/technology solutions using GCP.
Enroll in the Challenge: GCP Architecture Quest by Friday, September 21st and you’ll get a 1-month pass (free of charge, no CC required) to help you complete the Quest and practice for the Cloud Architect certification exam.
Here are a couple of scenarios from the Quest:
- Google Cloud Essential Skills: Challenge Lab: Your company is ready to launch a brand new website, but the person who built the new site left the company before they could deploy it. Your challenge is to deploy the site in the public cloud.
Tip: Need help with VM? Check out the Creating a Virtual Machine lab before tackling this scenario.
If you need additional help with gcloud, read this documentation.
- Deploy a Compute Instance with a Remote Startup Script: Since you need to manage the deployment and configuration of Google Cloud virtual machines, you’ve decided to make some changes to the framework. For example, storing startup scripts in a Cloud Storage bucket to make them easily modifiable.
Since these scripts automate initialization of compute instances, this will help you with overcoming a challenge. You will use a remote startup script to configure a Linux Google Compute Engine instance that installs the Apache web server. Have you ensured Apache installation by accessing the Compute Engine instance via HTTP?
Tip: Need help with Cloud Storage? Check out the Cloud Storage: Qwik Start – Console lab first.
- Build and Deploy a Docker Image to a Kubernetes Cluster: Your development team wants to adopt containerized microservices approach to application architecture. Your task? Ensure you can deploy a sample application to a GCP Kubernetes container. To test deployment of echo-web with a Dockerfile, you must use a tag to build the Docker container image and store it on the Google Container Registry.
Tip: Having trouble with tagging? Take the Container Registry: Qwik Start lab first.
- Update and Scale Out a Containerized Application on a Kubernetes Cluster: Your system architecture team has adopted a containerized micro-service architecture. You need to take ownership of a test environment to manage containerized web applications. Your challenge is to update the running echo-app application in the echo-web deployment from the v1 to the v2 code. And (because there’s always an “and”) then scale out the application to 2 instances and confirm that they are all running.
Tip: Need help with scaling your containerized applications? Take the Kubernetes Engine: Qwik Start lab first.
Fun fact: The Quest consists of seven scenarios and all of them have activity tracking so, you must score 100% in each scenario to earn the badge. Here’s a qwik preview of activity tracking you’ll see on the right hand side of each scenario:
Think you’ve got what it takes to earn the badge that very few people have added on their resumes? Tackle the Quest now to get the practice for the exam you won’t get anywhere else in the world and increase your career opportunities!